Pacific Environmental Technologies, Inc has over 35 years of experience constructing all types of cleanroom and laboratory facilities giving our clients the assurance that regardless of the construction type chosen for their facility, they will receive the quality, look and performance they expect from their facility design construction team.
Modular cleanrooms are the choice of many industries providing quick installation, a high-tech look and customer appeal, and a wide range finishes and options to meet any cleanroom or laboratory requirement.
What is a Modular Cleanroom?
A modular cleanroom is a type of controlled environment designed to provide filtered, extremely clean air within a space to minimize the possibility of airborne contaminants. Modular cleanrooms are typically used in sensitive manufacturing environments where even tiny particles can adversely impact the final product. Modular cleanrooms are typically employed in industries like pharmaceuticals, electronics, semiconductor, biotechnology, and aerospace.
The term “modular” in modular cleanrooms refers to the construction method employed. Rather than being constructed entirely on site, modular cleanrooms are prefabricated in sections or panels, which are then assembled on site.
Benefits of Modular Cleanroom Construction
- Modular Construction: Modular cleanrooms are assembled on site using prefabricated sections and panels. This approach ensures a rigid free-standing structure, design flexibility, rapid installation, ease of expansion, and configurability.
- Flexibility: Because modular cleanrooms are assembled from prefabricated panels, sections can be reconfigured, added, or removed to expand size and accommodate changes in production requirements and capacity. Modular cleanrooms can also be relocated as required. Available in a wide range of finishes and core materials, modular cleanrooms are a versatile solution capable of meeting the requirements of any industry.
- Cost Efficiency: Combining the mass-production of prefabricated panels with strict environmental control, modular cleanrooms are an ideal and cost effective solution for medium-sized projects without sacrificing quality.
- Rapid Deployment: Since all sections and panels are prefabricated off site, on site assembly time is dramatically reduced, resulting in an environment with strict control, tight tolerances, and rapid deployment.
- Regulatory Compliance: Our modular cleanroom systems are capable of meeting the strictest regulatory requirements, including USP, cGMP, BSL, and others in cleanliness ratings ranging from ISO 3 to ISO 8 (Class 1 to Class 100,000).
- Minimal Disruption: Our interlocking modular cleanroom systems are prefabricated off site to minimize construction debris, noise, and contamination typically associated with traditionally constructed facilities.
Other parts of the modular cleanroom tend to be the same across the different construction approaches available, including:
- Architectural components such as floor coverings, doors, windows, suspended ceilings, return air grilles, etc…
- Mechanical and process systems (chilled water, DX and package units).
- Electrical systems.
- Plumbing and piping.
- Suspended T-Bar Ceiling Options:
Materials of Construction:
- Stainless steel.
- Factory white enamel.
- Powder coated.
- Brushed aluminum.
- Stainless steel.
- 1in, 1-3/8in, 1-1/2in and 2in face.
- Caulked in place.
- Aluminum clad plastic core.
- Formed metal blank pans*.
- Vinyl rock tile.
- Vinyl acoustic tiles.
* Can be pre fabricated with utility drops and/or penetrations.
- Lighting Options:
- 120, 208/220, 277 VAC.
- T-5, T-8.
Fixture styles 1, 2, 3 or 4 lamp
- T-bar lay-in troffers, cleanroom style or standard.
- Corner mounted lights.
- Vapor proof fixtures.
- Tear Drop lighting.
- Yellow, amber, or red lighting (lamps or sleeves).
- Dimming ballasts.
- Emergency lighting.
- Electrical Options:
- P.E.T.I. can offer full turn-key facilities from the utility vault to equipment hookup in addition to tying the new room into existing services.
- Emergency generators.
- Co-Gen systems.
- Air Filtration:
- HEPA Fan Filters (standard).
- ULPA Fan Filters.
- Room side replaceable filters.
- Ducted filters with remote blower.
- Remote filter banks.
- Package units (roof mounted, ceiling mounted, floor mounted or other).
- Split systems.
- Water source heat pumps.
- Chilled water systems.
- Hot water hydronic heating.
- Gas fired direct heating.
- Desiccant dehumidifiers for low humidity applications.
- HVAC and Process Control Systems:
- Standard discrete controls for HVAC (T-stats, loop controllers etc).
- Programmable logic controls.
- Automated building management systems.
- Remote monitoring.
- Process Systems & Process Piping:
- Process cooling water (tower or chiller).
- Compressed air (compressors, refrigerated and desiccant dryers).
- Nitrogen (bulk liquid, site generated, cylinder packs).
- Specialty gases (inert through hazardous).
- High Purity orbital welded piping.
- DI water systems (E-1 through E-4 ASTMD).
- USP and WFI systems.
- RO systems.
- Ultra pure water piping for water.
- Steam (clean and industrial).
- Life Safety Systems
- Fire alarm systems.
- Hazardous gas detection systems.
- Exhaust Systems
- Exhaust blowers.
- Snorkel type exhaust arms.
- Fume hoods.
- Fume duct.
- Constant volume hood dampers.
- Specialty Systems
- Ionization systems for static control.
- Fire suppression systems.
- Sprinkler heads, built in.
- Anti static work surfaces.
- Particle counters.
- Other Options
- Desiccator boxes.
- Pass thru boxes.
- Lab furniture (chairs, benches, work stations).
- Laminar flow benches.
- Exhaust & fume hoods.
- Cold storage and freezer boxes.
- Startup Test & Balance
- Startup of mechanical HVAC equipment.
- Air balance.
- Water balance.
- Particle count testing to cleanliness levels per ISO 4 ? ISO 8 (Class 10 ? Class 100,000).
- Airflow testing.
- Pressure cascade.