Minimum general requirements:
- 2~5 years experience in a sheet metal shop environment as a foreman or supervisor of others in support of construction trades.
- Experience should be using shears, presses, welding equipment, powered cutting equipment, drill presses and measuring equipment
- Experience in working with simple electrical systems and components.
- Have been functionally responsible for ensuring that assemblies and finished goods are ready according to shipping deadlines.
- Understand quality and inspection .
- Performed shipping and receiving functions.
- Solution and goal achievement oriented.
- Ability to schedule work load to support multiple project bid timelines.
- Must be a US citizen or have valid green card.
Minimum educational requirements:
- High School graduate.
- Preferred to have Jr College AA in manufacturing.
- Course work in blue print reading.
- Course work in welding.
- Course work metal fabricating.
- Course work in basic electrical systems.
- Course work in the use of Excel spreadsheets.
Skills and abilities:
- English is his or her native language or exceptionally strong equivalent ability.
- Above average math skills.
- Working knowledge of Excel spread sheet formulas.
- Good written, listening and oral communications skills.
- Good supervisory skills.
- Ability to put together a shipping schedule.
- Ability to prioritize what components of the work need attention first.
- Good presentation skills in a group or one on one setting.
- Good trouble shooting and analytical skills.
- See and think in "3D" to avoid costly missed work or labor hours.
What we are not looking for:
- Someone who has only done shop work under the supervision of a manager or foreman.
- Someone who requires daily instruction on what to do each day.
- Someone who cannot read blue prints.
- Someone who cannot sit in a meeting and after hearing the project objectives, put a manufacturing timeline and shipping schedule together.
- Someone who doesn’t document what has been performed.
- Someone for whom quality and precision is not important.
- Someone who allows sloppiness and tolerates a mess.
- Someone who wants to function independent of the group needs.
If you believe this describes you, please submit your resume to email@example.com for consideration. When appropriate, we will invite strong candidates to take the next step by scheduling an interview. We are an equal opportunity employer.