Lead CAD Designer
Minimum general requirements:
- 3~5 years experience in a related design build contracting environment.
- Experience should be primarily in the architectural, mechanical, electrical and plumbing trades including preparation of construction document packages.
- Must have 3 years + in the lead position of a cad design group.
- Some experience in sheet metal layout is appropriate.
- Accurate, detailed, clear, concise design abilities.
- Organized both at your work station and electronic filing.
- Solution and goal achievement oriented.
- Ability to schedule work load to support project timelines.
- Must be a US citizen or have valid green card.
Minimum educational requirements:
- Jr. College graduate in an cad or engineering related discipline
- Course work in Construction documents
- Course work in HVAC mechanical systems
- Course work in Electrical systems
- Course work in Commercial architectural elements
Skills and abilities:
- English is his or her native language or exceptionally strong equivalent ability.
- Exceptional cad skills (autocad desk top) both technical and in speed.
- Good written, listening and oral communications skills.
- Good presentation skills in a group or one on one setting.
- Good trouble shooting and analytical skills.
- See and think in "3D" while doing 2D cad.
What we are not looking for:
- Someone who can draw the lines well that other people design and put on paper and then those same people correct and markup the cad drawings.
- Someone who needs someone else to plan out their day.
- Someone who cannot look at a project scope of work and figure out what the design package and schedule needs to be to meet the project time line.
- Someone who wants to function independent of the group needs.
- Someone who has difficulty mentally seeing the interrelationship of construction elements in 3D in their mind.
If you believe this describes you, please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration. When appropriate, we will invite strong candidates to take the next step by scheduling an interview. We are an equal opportunity employer.